Life in Christ…Life in the womb
Sanctity of Life Ministries (SLM) exists to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ and affirm life in the womb. We fulfill our mission by offering compassionate support, education and medical services to those who face challenging sexual health decisions. Our driving motivation is to present “Life in Christ…Life in the Womb” to the many women who come through our doors.
SLM consists of the Nova Pregnancy Help Centers of Alexandria and Fairfax, which are equipped with the latest ultrasound technology and provide excellent medical care with a compassionate heart.
SLM was founded in 1983 in Fairfax city and expanded to Alexandria in 2002. Each year, SLM provides God’s love in word and deed to over 700 women through the hands of SLM staff and volunteers. Read a detailed history of Sanctity of Life Ministries here.
If you are interested in volunteering at SLM, we would love to meet you! Partner with us to reach even more women and families! Be a part of what God is doing to help women and unborn children throughout northern VA!
OPEN STAFF POSITIONS: (Email your resume to email@example.com )
Event Coordinator and Executive Assistant: This position is responsible for coordinating all SLM major fundraising events, assisting the Chief Executive Officer with administrative support, and helping to maintain relationships with churches under the CEO’s guidance. Specific duties would include:
- Responsible for planning Annual Fellowship Dinner and other events as they develop.
- Assist in recruiting new churches in year round Baby Bottle Campaigns, coordinate with BBC liaisons at churches, and supervise execution of church campaigns and all administrative follow-up.
- Assist in maintaining grant application deadlines and follow-up reporting.
- Maintain up-to-date data bases (Excel) as needed regarding baby bottle campaigns, Annual Fellowship Dinner, and Sanctity of Human Life partners.
- Assist CEO in church outreach, researching new church partners, and helping maintain church relationships.
- Assist CEO in meeting the deadlines in Communications Schedule as well as the Development Timeline.
- Assist in coordinating and scheduling outreach activities for Sanctity of Human Life Sunday.
- Assist in coordinating donor mailings with Special Projects Manager.
- Work 32 hours per week between our locations in Fairfax and Alexandria.